Note: Our 501(c)(6) organization continues to represent sponsor interests and provide main events through 2021. All other programs and events are provided by the 501(c)(3) organization. For more details see our About web page.
Develop and promote technology education in Northwest Washington.
Provide technology education, awareness, and outreach via trusted technology professionals. Engage technology industry in benefiting the community through inspiration, innovation, competition, and collaboration. Reflect the passions, interests, and goals of our evolving technology community.
We advocate for technology education, foster innovation, assist business, workforce, and economic development, and provide community for students, professionals, businesses, nonprofit organizations, and local government in Northwest Washington. We provide events, programs, and services to Strengthen Our Technology Community. Foremost, we build relationships and infrastructure in our community to do the things we do better together.
TAG will execute our purpose, vision, and mission by:
- Growing membership by providing tangible professional and personal benefits via membership.
- Courting like-minded organizations that value community investment and support the mission of TAG through financial and in-kind means.
- Supporting the spectrum of members from student to CEO as we strive to maintain a healthy and invested community of professionals with expertise in their various fields.
- Cultivating technology innovation and investing in our future leaders through student education, outreach, networking, and programming.
- Inviting community organizers and leaders who share the vision of TAG to collaborate and implement a shared vision.
- Engaging with reciprocal Technology Affiliate relationships to provide organizational structure and strategic support.
TAG will provide the following events:
Major Events (Annually):
- TAG Predictions: Technologist Mark Anderson visits TAG to share his vision of technology and economic developments for the upcoming year.
- TAG Member Meeting: Communication of TAG organizational status, strategic vision, annual reporting, and election of board members.
- TAG Expo: Exhibition of the TAG Community promoting local businesses, recruitment opportunities, and business to business development.
- TAG Bash: Celebration of the TAG Community in a summer social format, featuring dinner, drinks, music, games, and more. Focus being our scholarship drive to support local students from each of our four local colleges.
- TAG Summit: Highlighting technology expertise in the TAG Community in a conference format, featuring presentations, lightning talks, panel discussions, and q&a sessions across several focal breakout tracks such as business leadership, IT, cybersecurity, development, and engineering.
Minor Events (Quarterly):
- TAG Invite: Bonus event for TAG collaborators for networking and socializing prior to each annual major event. Attendees are comprised of event speakers and organizers, TAG Board of Directors, TAG Advisory Board, TAG Sponsors, and special guests.
- TAG Social: Simple happy hour event to highlight the activities of our many TAG Community Groups and Partners to increase awareness, build community, and strengthen relationships.
- TAG Talk: A featured presentation by an expert in their field highlighting an aspect of technology, professional development, and/or TAG Community interest.
- TAG Tour: Onsite visitation of a TAG Business Member by the TAG Community to increase awareness, establish member and tour their facilities.
- TAG Community Group Events: Events featuring specific industries, professions, or interests by TAG Community Group participants. Managed by- or In partnership with- TAG.
- TAG Community Partner Events: Events by TAG Community Partner Program Members of interest to the TAG Community.
- TAG Blog: TAG News, Member news, and shared content from other TAG programming.
TAG shall strive to be a trusted steward of technology industry and related economic development in our community, and in doing so invite partnerships and collaborations with like-minded organizations for the mutual benefit of each organization. Mutual benefits may include gratis organization membership, gratis individual membership for TAG Staff and Board of Directors, in-kind sponsorship, promotion of events and/or information, and shared advocacy of mission.
The following programs are officially confirmed by TAG with specific arrangements (detailed elsewhere):
- Community Partners Program: Comprising local or regional non-profit organizations and government agencies that share explicit support of the TAG mission and agree to offer shared gratis mutual benefits.
- Community Groups Program: Comprising local or regional unofficial groups or communities with the explicit support of the TAG mission who agree to support TAG through promotion, advocacy, and volunteerism.
- Executive Director: Compensated Employee of TAG responsible for daily operations and shares responsibility with the Board of Directors to determine strategy, fundraising, and programming to ensure organizational success. Works closely with all Board Committees – especially Executive and Sponsorship Committees. Reports to the Board President.
- Board Chair: Board Member responsible for management of all Board activities, agenda, and moderation.
- President: Board Member responsible for leadership of the organization.
- Vice President: Board Member responsible for co-leadership of the organization with acting responsibilities in the absence of the Board Chair and/or President.
- Treasurer: Board Member responsible for the financial awareness, status, and communication of stated financial information to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Secretary: Board Member responsible for the documentation and preservation of all Board activities, including all official meeting minutes.
- Board of Directors: Collection of volunteer individuals passionately embodying the motto, vision, and mission of TAG with dedication to further the organization. Elected to one year terms by TAG Members at the Annual Member Meeting. To be comprised of no more than 15 individuals.
- Advisory Board: Collection of local, regional, and statewide volunteer individuals who share the vision of TAG and offer their additional insight and expertise to guide the vision, mission, strategy, and programs of TAG. Serve at the discretion of the Board of Directors via official vote. To be comprised of no more than 45 individuals.
- Committee: Comprised of at least one Board of Directors Member. Responsible for the successful operation of a TAG organization priority, including Leadership (Executive), Events, Marketing, Membership, and Sponsorship.
- Executive Committee: Comprised of Executive Director, President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary, and any individual at the invitation of the President. Focus is overall management, vision, and strategy of the organization. Chaired by the President.
- Committee Chair: A Board of Directors Member who leads a Committee. Responsible for the successful operation of the committee pursuant to the mission of TAG. Also responsible for providing an activity report of their Committee at any official Board Meeting and upon the request of the President.
- Committee Members: An individual who is a member of a Committee at the invitation of the Committee Chair.
- Volunteer: An individual who provides voluntary service to TAG in an official capacity. All volunteers are recognized by TAG for their service.
- Intern: An individual who provides non-staff, reimbursed service to TAG in an official capacity. All interns are recognized by TAG for their service service.
- Events Committee: Comprised of at least one Board of Directors Member and individual(s) at the invitation of the Committee Chair. Focus is management, planning, and delegation of tasks to execute any and all TAG events. Chaired by a Board of Directors Member.
- Finance Committee: Comprised of at least one Board of Directors Member and individual(s) at the invitation of the Committee Chair. Focus is review and guidance of TAG finances. Chaired by a Board of Directors Member.
- Marketing Committee: Comprised of at least one Board of Directors Member and individual(s) at the invitation of the Committee Chair. Focus is management, planning, and delegation of tasks to execute any and all TAG marketing, including website, newsletter, graphic design, social media, and promotions. Chaired by a Board of Directors Member.
- Membership Committee: Comprised of at least one Board of Directors Member and individual(s) at the invitation of the Committee Chair. Focus is growth, advocacy, and cultivation of TAG Membership. Chaired by a Board of Directors Member.
- Sponsorship Committee: Comprised of at least one Board of Directors Member and individual(s) at the invitation of the Committee Chair. Focus is to ensure financial support the TAG Organization via sponsorship outreach to like-minded businesses, organizations, and individuals. Chaired by a Board of Directors Member.