Coronavirus has completely impacted us all. For TAG and most of the world this impact will manifest as avoiding in-person gatherings and moving all events, programs and resources online for the foreseeable future. Luckily for our community of technologists, we are inclined to adapt to the new virtual reality thrust upon us. Best wishes for everyone to stay informed, stay safe, and stay healthy.
A brief note that TAG is a partner organization of our local Regional Economic Partnership (REP), which works under the leadership of the Port of Bellingham to support and promote economic development in our community. TAG provides our resources directly to our REP for assistance during the coronavirus epidemic with arrangements centralized at the COVID-19 Economic Impact website. Additionally, see our Coronavirus Status blog post for TAG Community updates. Stay tuned for expanded programs, recommendations and resources to assist our community in this crucial time of need. Contact us if we can help.
A summary of program updates:
- TAG Communications — Now using Discord and Zoom. Discord for chat and Zoom for events.
- TAG Lunch — A weekly Zoom lunch program beginning soon to replace in-person TAG events.
- TAG Mentorship — Pilot launch in spring quarter! See the upcoming April Newsletter for details.
- TAG Announcements — Sharing important happenings for members to the community via website and newsletter.
- TAG Partner Membership — FREE TAG Membership for non-profit organizations of <20 employees.
- TAG Consulting — Available to the public, discounted for TAG Business Members, and FREE for non-profit organizations.
- TAG Expo — Virtualized and expanded with website and media content. More to come!
- TAG Job Board — Unlimited usage for TAG Business Members and Partner (Non-Profit) Members. Expanding for volunteer and internship opportunities.
- TAG Recommendations — Website resources for community and technology recommendations.
- TAG Guests — Shared guest posts on technology topics from our community featuring a wide range of technology topics and expertise.
Discord: Our new “community hub” platform. Discord is a fantastic resource for communities and itself includes many means of staying connected including text, audio, and video chat. All are welcome to join us on the the TAG Discord Server. All small gatherings and arranged meetings will spawn from Discord. Join the TAG Discord server.
Zoom: Our new “event” platform. Zoom will replace large gatherings for the foreseeable future. Join us WEEKLY for a remote lunch group meeting. We’ll have an agenda of news, announcements, featured program, Q & A, and closing comments. Events will be recorded and available following the event. Socializing time will also be provided and will NOT BE INCLUDED IN RECORDINGS. We’ll include several community groups such as Whatcom IT Professionals, IT Leadership, NW Tech Women, and TAG Cybersecurity. Everyone is welcome! Stay tuned for details.
TAG Mentorship: To be launched in spring quarter (soon!). Applications for mentees and mentors for the pilot program will be accepted in mid April. Mentors and Mentees are encouraged to meet on Discord for group and 1-on-1 conversation. Stay tuned for the April Newsletter for details.
TAG Announcements: Both individual member and business member updates will be shared to the community via website and indexed via newsletter. We particularly encourage submissions of Business Member announcements in the form of online press release. Send message title, member, description, image, and link to email@example.com.
TAG Partner Membership: Non-Profit Organizations of <20 employees are provided FREE TAG Membership as part of the TAG Partner Membership Program. Contact us for arrangements and see our TAG Membership page for benefits.
TAG Consulting: A new community service offering available to the public and discounted for TAG Members. Non-Profit Organizations are eligible for FREE technology consulting via our TAG Partner Membership program.Contact us for arrangements.
TAG Expo: Stay tuned for a virtual TAG Expo! We are working to put together an excellent experience for all as we highlight businesses, community partners, and community groups in the TAG Community. Expect more details in April. We are COMMITTED to supporting our community — particularly our students in search of their next stage in life, and businesses now potentially looking for new roles and skills to adapt to a changing economy.
TAG Job Board: Expanding with internship and volunteer opportunities. Stay tuned for TAG Expo tie-ins and further announcements.
TAG Recommendations: New website resources for technology recommendations. Particularly useful for local small businesses and non-profit organizations to navigate new technology and communication needs during the era of coronavirus.
TAG Guests: New website guest posts featuring articles and commentary from our community members featuring a range of expertise.
All programs will be further expanded upon on the TAG Website, and expect updates in the TAG April Newsletter and social media.
Be informed. Be safe. Stay healthy. See you soon.