We hope this outreach finds you in good health and good spirits!
Coronavirus has forever changed our world. At TAG, we’ve virtualized our events, programs and services to evolve our support of our local technology community. (We invite you to review our TAG Newsletters from April and May and original TAG Spring 2020 Update for review.)
To highlight: We’ve launched three exciting new programs this spring: Whatcom STEM, TAG Mentorship, and TAG Consulting. Below is our outreach and calls to action. Please review the news announcements below for details, and share with your team and peers. We’d love for you to participate!
- TAG announces program to create county-wide STEM network in Whatcom
- TAG launches mentorship program open to all TAG Members
- TAG launches consulting program to combat the impact of coronavirus in our community
Calls to action: (Contact me to Get Involved!)
- Whatcom STEM: Seeking planning committee members and financial sponsors. Volunteers this summer.
- TAG Mentorship: Seeking mentors for mentee applicants. Commitment is ~2 hours per month.
- TAG Consulting: Seeking volunteer partner organizations and subject matter experts for triage/referral.
And for a brief overview of the last 18 months, we’ve also:
- Clarified our mission and strategy in the TAG Vision.
- Launched Community Partners and Community Group programs.
- Clarified and expanded our Membership and Sponsorship benefits.
- Created an Advisory Board to better reflect the interests and needs of our community.
- Began the process of transitioning from a 501(c)(6) to 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
- Rebuilt our Committees, including Events, Membership, and Marketing.
- Evolved our monthly community events email into the TAG Newsletter.
- Launched the TAG Community Hub on Discord to keep connected, especially during social distancing.
- Separated our blog into TAG News and TAG Community News with a new member news submission process.
We invite you to join our growing community and the new generation of TAG Leadership as we Strengthen Our Technology Community.