TAGNW Mentorship is a new TAGNW member program to Strengthen Our Technology Community through shared professional development. All TAGNW members are invited to participate in TAGNW Mentorship to connect and share knowledge, experience, and expertise. Join us in making lasting relationships and invest in the next generation of our community.
- March 7th, 2022: Participation Confirmation emails and calendar invites are sent!
- March 1st, 2022: Applications are now closed. Stay tuned for your confirmation email on Monday. Save the date! (March 10th, 7pm-8pm)
- February 1st, 2022: Applications for TAGNW Mentorship Cohort #4 are now open until 5pm on March 1st!
Applicants are intelligently matched by the TAGNW Membership Committee to pair participants with shared personal and professional interests. TAGNW Mentorship offers three separate mentorship programs for different purposes: Cohort, On-Demand, and Peer Mentorship. Cohort Mentorship pairs mentees and mentors 1-to-1 for three months, including a monthly cohort activity. On-Demand Mentorship invites commnunity members to ask professional development questions to a pool of mentors “on-demand”. Peer Mentorship pairs participants TAGNW will provide shared resources to support all mentorship programs, including private discussion channels on the TAGNW Community Hub.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a TAGNW Member.
- Agree to follow the TAGNW Code of Conduct.
- Agree to follow the TAGNW Mentorship Guidelines.
- Complete a TAGNW Mentorship Application.
Gratis TAGNW Membership
TAGNW now offers Gratis Individual Memberships for TAGNW Metallic Members. Similarly, students of Skagit Valley College, Western Washington University, and Whatcom Community College may also claim a FREE Gratis Student Membership and participate in TAGNW Mentorship. Please use your organization email address to claim your FREE TAGNW Gratis Individual or Student Membership.
Cohort #4 Calendar
January 3rd: Applications Open
March 1st: Applications Close at 5pm sharp!
March 7th: Participation Confirmation Email
March 10th: First Cohort Meeting (Kickoff)
April 14th: Second Cohort Meeting
May 12th: Third Cohort Meeting
June 9th: Fourth Cohort Meeting (Wrap Social)
Cohort #5 Calendar
The next TAGNW Mentorship Cohort will occur in Summer 2022 between June and September. Stay tuned for details! Note: Applications received after March 1st will be considered for this cohort.
- Be kind, courteous, and professional. Represent yourself mindfully.
- Commit to a minimum of two hours of mentorship activities per month, including two 30min+ sessions of activity with your mentorship partner, and one hour of group activity.
- Mentees must take ownership of arranging meetings with their mentor.
- If absent or late, please notify your mentorship partner as soon as possible.
- If meeting in person, all company policies of meeting locations must be followed.
- No sharing of photos or information of your mentorship partner. Your relationship is private.
- Avoid situations that could be perceived as inappropriate.
- All activities are recommended as audio, video and text chat via the TAGNW Community Hub (Discord) due to coronavirus concern.
- All activities outside of official TAGNW events are at individual discretion.
- Any deviation from these guidelines must be communicated ASAP to TAGNW Mentorship Leadership.
- Reminder: Both mentees and mentors are volunteers. Please practice common sense.
Please review and complete the online TAGNW Mentorship Application and SAVE THE DATE for the First Group Meeting (Kickoff)!Apply Now
Please contact Michael Gan, Executive Director, with any questions or comments at firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-312-7105, or at the TAGNW Community Hub @Michael Gan.