TAGNW Job Shadow organizes short-term, unpaid work-based learning experiences for TAGNW Members. In addition to facilitating relationship connections, TAGNW will provide community guidelines and recommendations to improve the Job Shadow experience.
TAGNW will facilitate Job Shadow opportunities for TAGNW Members. Individuals seeking a Job Shadow experience complete an application describing their interests, and TAGNW will pair with participating TAGNW Metallic Members. All TAGNW Members are invited to review the program details and apply to participate.
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a TAGNW Member.
- Agree to follow the TAGNW Code of Conduct.
- Agree to follow the TAGNW Job Shadow Guidelines.
- Review the TAGNW Job Shadow Recommendations.
- Complete a simple TAGNW Job Shadow Application Form.
- Agree to submit a simple TAGNW Job Shadow Report Form upon completion.
Gratis TAGNW Memberships
TAGNW now offers Gratis Individual Memberships for TAGNW Metallic Members. Similarly: students, faculty, and staff of Skagit Valley College, Western Washington University, and Whatcom Community College may claim a FREE TAGNW Gratis Student Membership and participate in TAGNW Mentorship and all other TAGNW programs. Please use your organization email address to claim your FREE TAGNW Gratis Individual or Student Membership.
Job Shadow Guidelines
- Any client or business information learned during Job Shadow is confidential.
- Avoid situations that could be perceived as inappropriate.
- If meeting in person, all company policies of locations must be followed.
- All activities outside of official TAGNW events are at individual discretion.
- Reminder: All participants are volunteers and fellow TAGNW Members.
- Upon completion, both business and Job Shadowee provide a simple report form.
Job Shadow Recommendations
- Timeframe should be 2 to 10 hours over 1 to 5 days in a single week.
- Job Shadowee should not be provided any protected business or client information or access.
- Job Shadowee should approach the experience similar to a job interview.
- Business should focus experience around a well established, existing project.
Please review and complete the online TAGNW Job Shadow Application Form to participate. Information is used only for contact by TAGNW organizers and to inform program interests.TAGNW Job Shadow Application Form
Upon completion of a Job Shadow experience we ask that both business and Job Shadowee complete a simple report form describing their experience. The purpose of information collected is to both confirm completion and to improve the program.TAGNW Job Shadow Report Form