Wednesday, April 11th 2018.
206 W. Holly St., Bellingham WA
Want to learn about your career options here in Bellingham?
- Focus on local career options that are available among the broader industry.
- Informal networking to help break the ice
Learning Soft Skills?
- Learn new skills to help your career development: Develop soft skills through firsthand experience with professionals
- Take part in mock interviews with local tech companies: Applying soft skills as well as technical know how.
- Walk-in Resume coaching
Are you an Employer interested in lending a hand? Contact TechStudentAlliance@gmail.com
Sponsored by Faithlife.
Northwest Tech Expo
Wednesday, April 25th 2018.
4 Points by Sheraton
714 Lakeway Dr, Bellingham WA
The Northwest TechExpo + Job Fair is a showcase of technology in the Pacific Northwest, as well as an opportunity to find some of the top technology jobs in our region today. We also have a showcase of local STEM education opportunities from Kindergarten through college.
Who will be attending? Employers, Job Seekers, Students, Thought Leaders, Professionals and Startups.
What we will be happening at Tech Expo 2018? A range of technology talks and a varied showcase of some of the best tech employers in the area.
Thinking of being a Tech Expo Sponsor? Why be a Sponsor at the Northwest Tech Expo and Job Fair? Our goal is to showcase everything technology has to offer in the Pacific Northwest. It’s not only about sales (though making new customer contacts is a plus!) – it’s about informing our community about the latest exciting technology in our region!
Be a sponsor if your company or organization is:
- Creating new and innovative technology products of all kinds
- An innovative tech start-ups –gain momentum or even launch a crowd funding campaign!
- Providing Technology services
- Developing K-12 STEM educational programs
- Creating Higher education STEM programs
- A Tech company looking for new hires
- A non-tech company with tech job opportunities
- Providing start-up capital or funding
Women in Tech Meeting
April 4th, 2018.
The TAG Office
103 E. Holly St., Suite 214, Bellingham WA
Bring a lunch and join us on Wednesday from 12pm-1pm. Come meet other women working in technology as we discuss the month’s topic. Every month we discuss a new topic about the different issues effecting women in tech. Learn more about this meeting, the month’s topic and who will be leading on our Women in Tech page at the Event Details button below.
Lunch and learn with TEALS! Lori Whippler Hollasch, PNW TEALS Senior Regional Manager of TEALS will lead our April meeting. Lunch will be provided!
Computer science is a vital driver in today’s global innovation economy, but most U.S. high schools – including many in Skagit and Whatcom counties – are unable to offer rigorous CS courses. Without CS in high schools, our students are missing out on essential computational skills that will help them succeed in any career they wish to pursue, and professional skills that could lead to an economically secure future.
TEALS seeks to change that reality. Our volunteers work directly with classroom teachers to help them build and grow their CS teaching capacity through yearlong support and training to inspire the next generation of innovators and computer scientists.