Founded in 1999, the Technology Alliance Group for Northwest Washington (TAG), represents over 3,000 technology professionals and businesses that spans the Pacific Northwest. We believe that an engaged, inspired and thriving tech sector is the catalyst for future growth in our region. TAG cultivates this by:
- Attracting and retaining talent and tech companies.
- Connecting our qualified and educated workforce with jobs.
- Advocating for the training and development of the skills base of innovation economy workers and future talent.
- Informing our community about regional tech trends and companies and celebrating our talented professionals.
- Partnering with educational institutions to prepare the future leaders in the innovation economy.
TAG has been a key advocate in the advancement of:
- Early broadband access throughout Bellingham.
- Tax incentives to encourage the startup community and relocation.
- Funding and prominence of computer science and cyber security degree paths that are now at the core of the success of our institutions of higher learning.
- Industry guidance, insights and mentorship of K-20 programs.
- Events that attract business leaders from around the Pacific Northwest.
Today TAG is central to the development of opportunities for the waterfront project, and the growth of jobs and companies in our region. We emphasize economic development efforts spanning grassroots to large scale regional events. Our goal is to attract innovation companies and professionals to move to and grow in Bellingham. We do this in four ways:
1. Lead Development: Identify and target individuals and companies. Using the grassroots connections and insights of our industry-connected board, membership, executive director, and TAG Economic Development Group (TEDO), we invite targeted leads to Bellingham for TAG events and tours of local businesses and business areas.
2. Events: Spaced throughout the year our four major events attract attendees from around the Pacific Northwest. They help showcase diversity, enrich our community and build the skills and abilities of our local innovation sector to grow jobs.
- PREDICTIONS WITH MARK ANDERSON, held each January this event draws 150+ thought leaders from throughout the Cascadia Innovation Corridor, with expanded reach through live streaming.
- TECH EXPO + JOB FAIR, held each spring attracts over 350 industry professionals, job seekers and community members. It’s an opportunity to highlight success stories, connect and learn about our innovative tech community.
- TECH BASH, held each summer is event is a celebration of our tech community and opportunity to support education scholarships.
- TECH SUMMIT, held in winter this is the premier technology conference in Northwest Washington, placing Bellingham at the nexus of professional innovation.
3. Speaker Series: We invite speakers from the Seattle area for innovative and inspiring presentations to our local community at both or major and smaller events. Speakers are also invited to meet with our local leaders for tours.
4. Regional Events: Bellingham’s innovation community is actively promoted at regional events. Partnering with statewide technology associations, Geekwire, and New Tech, we connect with growing technology companies throughout Washington.
Get expert business advice—free of charge! Visit ChooseWhatcom.com to learn about starting, growing, or relocating your business, and getting in touch with the right business resources in Whatcom County.